Best African Body Creams
Whoever said that black doesn’t crack must have gotten it all wrong. African skins are equally sensitive just as Caucasian skins are. The most salient difference is that African skins contain more melanin, compared to Caucasian skins.
The best African body creams are designed to nourish and protect dark skins from extreme weather conditions as well as maintaining the skin supple, hydrated and flawless. Just because African skin is dark, does not mean that it need not be cared for.
List of The Best African Body Creams
Dark skin tends to dry up very easily and become flaky or even very ashy. Therefore, it is important to find a good moisturizer or body cream which tends to nourish the skin leaving it looking healthy, hydrated, supple and last but not least, flawless.
However, some factors need to be put into consideration before settling for particular body creams for dark skins.
- Find out how dry your skin is. If the dry test shows that it is not fully patched, you only require a nice everyday body cream or lotion. But if your skin is very dry, consider a more heavy cream or ointment.
- Ensure that you check the ingredients contained in the body cream. Body creams for dark skins should contain the right amount of ingredients such as glycerin, humectants, and panthenol. It should contain hydrating substances and occlusive substances such as lanolin which create a protective layer on the skin to lock in moisture. Also, consider creams that contain emollients such as jojoba oil as it smoothens the skin leaving it soft and supple. Last but not least, consider a body cream that contains skin repairing substances that do not irritate the skin, such as cholesterol and ceramides. Avoid body creams that contain parabens at all costs.
- Settle for a cream that provides long-lasting moisture, which leaves the skin hydrated all day long.
- Unless you have very dry skin, settle for a body cream that feels silky, light, easy to spread and greaseless. Having dry skin may require you to settle for a heavier cream which has more petrolatum content…
- Consider a cream or lotion that has a good fragrance. But if you have sensitive skin, opt for a body cream that is unscented.
- The cost of the body cream is another factor to put into consideration. This is because it will be applied all over the body daily. Consider one that is cost effective but will eventually give you the desired results. There is no need to spend an arm and a leg over a small tube of lotion.
Epimax Emollient moisturizer
As its name suggests, Epimax is filled with emollients such as jojoba and glyceryl stearate which fill the gaps between cell clusters. This makes the skin feel smooth, soft and pliable.
Being the moisturizer that it is, be sure to spend your days with well hydrated healthy skin. It is suitable for persons of all ages and all skin types. Therefore one tub is enough to serve your family’s needs.
Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Moisturizer
This moisturizer is one of the common and popular creams for Africans that we have around.
Vaseline has been on the market for ages, hence many households and persons can relate to it.
This body cream offers a grease free coverage and it is absorbed into the skin in a very short while, leaving the skin supple with a nice natural glow.
It is truly a keeper.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion
One can never go wrong with this product. The good thing about this body cream is that most of its ingredients are natural.
This is quite ideal for most skin types. It is non-greasy and it leaves the skin hydrated all day long.
Another plus is that it helps even skin tone and its cocoa butter fragrance lasts all day.
Shea Butter Body Cream
To sum it up, shea butter is an amazing skin product, it never disappoints. Among its many other benefits, it also clears blemishes, wrinkles and dark spots.
It can be mixed with other lotions or hair products if at all one does not want to use it in its natural state.
Shea butter is best used in its natural form. It serves as the perfect moisturizer for dry and rough skin. This is not to say that it is not compatible with other skin types.
When looking for a body cream that is close to natural, Shea butter is the perfect product to settle for. It contains vitamins A and E which serve to nourish the skin. It also helps treat many skin problems as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Being one of the best African body creams, shea butter can be put into a myriad of uses such as: as a hair product, as a body cream or lotion or even as a lip care product.
It also treats acne and frees the skin from any allergies and protects the skin from harmful ultra violet rays of the sun.
Dove Summer Glow Lotion
These attires are a preserve of the West African women. Female tourists visiting these countries have often been mesmerized by these clothes which comprise of a long wrap around skirt and a matching blouse.
They are usually made from African wax print fabric.
These garments are worn by women, female children, and young adults as well.
Pears Baby Lotion
The numbers of African women using this product are quite large.
As a result, it has become one of the most common and popular creams for Africans.
This not only serves as enough evidence to prove that this moisturizer is not only skin friendly for the African skin but also gives the desired results.
It contains powerful contents which leave the skin moisturized, smooth, and soft and supple all day long.
It is also quite affordable which has enhanced its use among many African women.
Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion
This lotion is specially designed to nourish and repair the skin by penetrating every layer of the skin.
Its ingredients ensure that it provides intensive care for the delicate African skin.
Its results are very reliable and it is highly recommended for dark skinned persons to give them that desired dark stunning look.
Many dark skinned persons have failed to recognize the perfection of dark skin. This has made us over look its value by neglecting it or by using harsh products in a bid to change its color to what we think is perfect and beautiful.
What most of us fail to appreciate is the beauty of dark skin that is well taken care of. This result can be achieved if we strive to keep our skins taken care of, using the best African body creams mentioned above.